Classic Caesar Salad with crisp homemade croutons and a light caesar dressing – for when you want to impress your dinner guests.
If you love caesar recipes as much as we do, check out our creamy caesar dressing and caesar pasta salad.
Nên xem: caesar salad là gì
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
My son, David, is to thank for this recipe. He is 9 years old and took kids cooking classes at Sur La Table where he learned and fell in love with this caesar salad recipe, so we re-created it at home together.
Caesar Salad Recipe Ingredients:
Lưu ý: Tam tòng tứ đức là gì?
Caesar salad is easy, classic and the ingredients are simple. You’ll need:
- 1 large or 2 small heads of romaine lettuce
- Parmesan cheese, shredded or shaved
- Crisp croutons – homemade can be made several days ahead. The recipe below makes enough for 2 salads.
- Caesar salad dressing – homemade is best and here is our favorite store-bought dressing in a pinch
How to Make Croutons:
The crunchy homemade garlic croutons really elevate this salad, making it look and taste quite fancy. The cheese crusted onto each little toast will have you snacking on these croutons!
- Cut baguette in half lengthwise and slice into 1/4″ thick pieces and place on baking sheet.
- Combine 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil with minced garlic. toss breads with garlic infused oil and 2 Tbsp parmesan.
- Spread Evenly and Bake to desired crispness.
How to Make Caesar Salad Dressing:
The caesar salad dressing comes together so fast and all you need is a bowl and whisk. This Caesar dressing is light, healthy and packs so much fresh flavor without needing much salt at all.
- Whisk together minced garlic, dijon, Worcestershire, lemon juice and red wine vinegar.
- Whisking while adding oil emulsifies the dressing for a smooth and creamy (not oily) consistency.
- Season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste.
Click here if you prefer a creamy Caesar dressing.
How to Make Caesar Salad:
In a large mixing bowl, combine all of your ingredients and toss gently to coat the lettuce in caesar dressing. This recipe makes enough croutons for two full salads so you’ll have them ready to go for round 2!
Cook’s tip: to get those lovely parmesan shavings, all you need is a block of parmesan and a potato peeler (Amazon affiliate link). It’s easy peasy!
More Romaine Salad Recipes to Discover:
- Chopped Chicken Salad – protein packed with a balsamic dressing
- Avocado Salmon Salad – with a zesty lemon dressing
- Chicken Mango Avocado Salad – Cheesecake Factory Copycat
- Avocado Shrimp Salad – crowd pleasing salad loaded with avocado